1. Drone show companies and providers, 3D animators, event and marketing agencies with drone light shows in the portfolio, fireworks professionals and hobbyists, tech teams, vendors, light and integrated show organizers and private drone show fans can take part in the Competition.
2. Participants should send an application form and materials video in accordance with the requirements for the chosen nomination and then click "APPLY" on the following site: droneshowsoftware.com/competition
3. There are 5 nominations in 2022: “Best drone show animation”, “Best drone show storytelling“, “Best drone show at the event”, “Best promotional drone show”, “Best integrated show simulation: Fireworks and Drones”. Participants should read and follow the application specifics for each nomination before and while applying.
4. Video previews of submitted drone shows, animations and simulations should be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. The link with the preview should be provided together with the download link, both links are provided in the application form. The video must comply with the following parameters: MP4 or MOV, 1920x1080pix, 25fps, h.264, Bitrate 30-50Mbps.
5. Participants can submit one application for each nomination.
6. Participants can receive an award (first place) in only one nomination.
7. There are two criteria for all participants: materials must comply with all requirements and be submitted before the deadline (23:59 UTC + 3, November 20, 2022) with an application form.
8. Submitted materials in all nominations will be evaluated by an international jury.
9. All materials (except “Best drone show animation” and “Best integrated show simulation: Fireworks and Drones” which has its own criteria) will be evaluated by members of the jury on a scale of 1-10 based on three criteria: technical requirements, artistic value, and visual impact.
10. The winner in each nomination will be chosen based on the number of points awarded.
11. Each participant's application will be evaluated by at least three members of the jury. Jury members and their teams can take part in the Competition in those nominations in which a jury member does not participate in the evaluation of applications.
How the members of the jury for evaluating the nominations are distributed:
- "Best drone show storytelling": PAUL NEW, MICHAEL S. EDDY, ARMANDS BLUMBERGS, ALEX LEVANDOVSKIY, NACHO CRUJE, ANTONIO AGUILERA
- "Best drone show at the event": PAUL NEW, MICHAEL S. EDDY, DREW ESPENSHADE, ALEX LEVANDOVSKIY, ANTONIO AGUILERA
- "Best promotional drone show": PAUL NEW, MICHAEL S. EDDY, ALEX LEVANDOVSKIY, NACHO CRUJE, ANTONIO AGUILERA
- "Best integrated show simulation: Fireworks and Drones": DREW ESPENSHADE, PAUL NEW, BRAD NIERENBERG, MICHAEL S. EDDY, ALEX LEVANDOVSKIY,
- ARMANDS BLUMBERGS
- "Best drone show animation": FRAN ARNAU, ERNEST BIOSCA, ARMANDS BLUMBERGS, BRAD NIERENBERG, ALEX LEVANDOVSKIY, NACHO CRUJE
12. Winners will be announced on https://www.droneshowsoftware.com/competition
and informed by email within a month after the deadline for applications.
13. Each winner will be awarded prizes in accordance with the guidelines section "Awards".
14. The winning videos and participants will be presented by SPH Engineering and published on DroneShowSoftware.com and the company's social media channels.
15. Participants must consent to the publication of all materials, with reference to the participant.