The Сompetition aims to bring together the best representatives of the drone show industry and present their wonderful drone light shows and projects to the whole world! The international jury, which includes representatives of the media sphere, drone and fireworks industries, drone show choreography professionals and event market gurus will select the winners to award them with valuable prizes. Recognition of the Drone Show Global Community awaits the winners of the Competition, and the creators of the best 3D animations will get the opportunity to present their works at the International Drone Show Festival in 2023.
Participants need to submit their project videos to compete in one or more of five nominations: “Best drone show animation”, “Best drone show storytelling“, “Best drone show at the event”, “Best promotional drone show”, “Best integrated show simulation: Fireworks and Drones”. The application period is October 6 - November 20, 2022, with the winners to be announced in December, 2022. Each winner will receive a drone show operator kit (a set of items that an operator always needs for a comfortable process of organizing a drone show), also, the winners will be awarded special prizes, among which are 5 Kaiken drones, DJI Avata Fly Smart Combo, iPhone 14 Pro, GoPro HERO11 Black and accommodation at the International Drone Show Festival.
“The 2nd International Drone Show Competition had 214 registrations from over 104 countries. Then, back in 2021, we expanded the concept of the Сompetition and invited not only the drone show choreographers, as in 2020, but also the drone show companies with different experience and the size of light drones fleets. The result was incredible! We decided to continue to expand the possibilities of the Competition for participants in 2022 as well” comments Alex Levandovskiy, head of Drone Show Software division at SPH Engineering.
Features and novelties of the Сompetition 2022:
- Drone show choreography of the “Best drone show animation” winners will light up the sky of the annual International Drone Show Festival in Spain in 2023 organized by Flock Drone Art - partner of this year's Competition.
- A new nomination for fireworks companies and enthusiasts dedicated to the integration of drone shows and fireworks has been added in partnership with Finale Fireworks.
- One of the top drone manufacturers Flyfire has also become a partner of the Competition, providing prizes to the winners.
The co-organizer of the Сompetition and the organizer of the International Drone Show Festival - Flock Drone Art team
International jury of the Сompetition:
- Paul New, The Institute for Drone Technology, Co-Founder and Director;
- Fran Arnau, International Drone Show Festival director & Flock Drone Art CEO;
- Drew Espenshade, Finale Fireworks, Vice president of Sales & Marketing;
- Hyon Lim, UVify Inc., CEO;
- Armands Blumbergs, BaseMotion, Executive Producer;
- Brad Nierenberg, RedPeg, Founder and CEO;
- Michael S. Eddy, PLSN Magazine, Co-Editor covering technology, products and design;
- Antonio Aguilera, WGDrones, CTO;
- Ernest Biosca, International Drone Show Festival codirector & Flock Drone Art Artistic Department Manager;
- Alex Levandovskiy, SPH Engineering, Head of the Drone Show Software division;
- Nacho Cruje, drone show choreographer, 2nd International Drone Show Competition winner.
The Сompetition is initiated and organized by SPH Engineering - a global provider of UAV software solutions, integration services, consulting and custom development to expand drone applications. It's innovations support UAVs of different manufacturers and advance drone technologies for surveying, data collection, and entertainment. Founded in 2013 in Latvia (EU), the company has a global customer and partner network in 150+ countries.
APPLY FOR THE 3rd INTERNATIONAL DRONE SHOW COMPETITION NOW! »»»
Stay tuned - follow the event in social media #droneshowcompetition and global drone show practices on youtube and instagram!